Monday 18 February 2008

Halls Green

On Friday I went to Halls Green with the teen group from my church. It was lots of fun.

We went swimming, abseiling, climbing, a very muddy assault course, plus some wide games.

I shared a bedroom with five people. They were all mad!

I didn't manage to actually do the abseiling; I climbed up ok, but just couldn't quite bring myself to "sit down" over thin air, which is what you had to do to go over the top.

However one good thing was that my dormintory team won so I have a full stash of chocolate hidden in one of my shoes (can't say which one in case Samuel reads this!)

We also had a bonfire on the second night, complete with twelve bags of marshmellows! I'd also helped build the bonfire.

The wide game was, we were in two teams. First we had to get our stickers from team base to the other, without getting caught. I got so close to getting a sticker on but the whistle blew just as I got there! Then we had to go and find our team's "hider in the woods". I found the OTHER team's hider, but not ours!

Mum got stressed because my phone didn't work down there so I didn't text her every hour on the hour like she wanted me to!

I had a great time but I was glad to get to sleep in my own bed last night.

No comments: